Which is, in fact, quite awesome.
In order to accept this super awesome award, there are Things That Must Be Done.
1. Thank the person that nominated you. Merci, Jake!
2. Display the Liebster Heart on your blog.
3. Nominate 3 to 5 more different bloggers
4. Post 11 things about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Answer the 11 questions you've been asked in your nomination.
Okay, so here are Jake's 11 questions for his nominees:
1. Do you have any semi-useless superpowers (e.g., "I always know exactly what time it is," or "I can pay attention to two TV shows at once")? If so, what are they?
Yes, yes I do. I have the power to summon invisible chickens. And the power of self-rescission, which usually kicks in about .5 seconds too late. I'm also impervious to a particular person's power of retcon.
2. What is the worst book you have ever read? What was so terrible about it?
As a grown-up, Fifty Shades of Grey. It was terrible because it misrepresents women, men, young adults, billionaires, people in the BDSM community, and intelligent human beings in general.
As a kid, I really hated both Ella Enchanted and Harriet the Spy. I can't really remember why exactly, except the feelings I still carry about both are that people are mean and they made me sad.
3. If you use some kind of analytics tool, what's the weirdest search that's led someone to your blog?
I do, and the weirdest phrase so far is "a bloo bloo bloo sherlock". ...I don't know.
4. Which Hogwarts house would the Sorting Hat place you in?
According to Pottermore, Ravenclaw. I took great exception to this for a long time until it was pointed out to me that I would probably be sharing a House with both The Doctor and Sherlock. Then I was okay with it.
5. How many roads must a man walk down?
As many as it takes until he finds the one on which he is at peace.
6. What's your favorite alcoholic drink? (If it's somewhat obscure, what's in it?)
Jack and Coke. Although, if I can get Red Stag Cherry Whiskey and Coke, I'll take it.
7. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? Please specify African or European.
8. What's the coolest thing you've ever gotten paid to do?
I had a job working a register at a comic shop on the weekends for a bit while I was in college. The guy who owned the place had just bought an English bull dog puppy that he kept at the store, so I got to watch puppy while he ran the table top gaming tournaments on Saturday. It was fun because, well, it was a comic shop, but also because the men who came in never ceased to be amazed and a little weirded out by this college girl holding a bull dog puppy that could talk comics and show them the latest issue of Batman.
I also got paid to dress up in a full on Disney World quality Winnie the Pooh costume and roam around a city hall building for an afternoon. A fireman jumped on me. But not like that.
9. What's in your Zombie Apocalypse survival kit?
Knives, lighters...oh, we're not talking about my purse, are we? Still, knives, lighters, guns, lots and lots of ammo, water, beef jerky, zebra cakes, solar recharge kit for my iPod, iPod, pens/pencil/paper, a really well stocked first aid kit, a written copy of the pact that I will not hesitate to shoot if any of my fellow survivors are bitten in any capacity, and a decent pair of boots.
No, I will not be packing light for the Apocalypse, either.
10. What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
I would sing a Kanye West song.
11. Cake or death?
Death. Ooh, I meant cake!
Eleven Things About Me
1) I write fanfiction in several fandoms.
2) I only eat one color of Skittles at a time. Same for M&Ms. I don't eat either in a movie theater because I can't see the colors.
3)One day, I will play roller derby. Because of reasons, I have a bad lower back and must acquire
4) Beer makes me die.
5) There's literally a list of over ten movies from the 1980's I haven't seen, including Back to the Future.
6) One day I'd like to write full time, or write part time and have a family. I also plan on being an official librarian and secretly I'd still love to act.
7) I love Jesus.
8) It's hard for me to be emotionally open about myself, even with people I care about and I think that because of this I don't tell people that I care about that I love them enough. But I do love them.
9) My cat's name is Mycroft.
10) If you could have relationships with cities, Chicago would be my long term relationship and New York my fling.
11)Eleven is my Doctor.
And here are the 11 questions for my nominees!
1) If you could choose any book universe to live in, what would it be?
2) If you could guest star in any TV show, which one would you choose?
3) What do you keep in the trunk of your car?
4) What is your favorite quote?
5) Would you ever hug a complete stranger?
6) If you could visit a different decade or era, when would you go? Why then? Would you stay?
7) What's your favorite OTP and from which fandom?
8) If you were stranded on a desert island, what three books and what three people would you want with you?
9) How would you like to be remembered?
10) What's the best and/or worst pick up line you've ever heard? (Did it work?)
11) What would your last words be before departing this world?
And now for my people!
1) Heather, one of my bestest friends is a kickass teacher and is all around amazing. She does awesome book reviews.
2) Writer, armchair historian, and passionate about politics and dead revolutionaries, my friend Jen provides her perspective over at In the Shadow of the Greats.
3) Romancing the Laser Pistol is run by my friend Amy, her husband Chris, and their friend Fry. From romance to science fiction, there's a little something for everyone!
4) Amy! Who does not have a blog of her own, but generates awesome-sauce guest posts for I Eat Words and Romancing the Laser Pistol. If I ever get off my duff and update more, maybe she'll do one for me. :)
5) My friend and co-worker Tony runs Everyday Plate, which will make you hungry and point you in the direction of the best restaurants and food trucks around.
All right! I'm out.
Coming soon, a book review for Board Stiff by Kendel Lynn!
Auf wiedersehen, liebchens!